Fitting new toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fitting new toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Scottyv78

Hey guys, I'm a beginner and have been trying to fit a new toilet. My old one was an old fashioned one and when I tried positioning the new one, its nowhere near the wall. The waste pipe is coming from the side and has a 90 degree angle at the end. Sorry it's vague guys but is there anything I can do? Cheers

If its the waste pipe not lining up with the spigot then you just need the correct pan connector. Maybe an extension.

Impossible to tell without seeing it

Scott i would guess you had a old low level toilet and the soil exits through the side wall you could try either
images
or
images
maybe able to help you out

Welcome to the forum Scotty.
as said a picture or more description needed.
Some modern toilets have minimal space at the sides and require a straight through the wall connection,
is this the problem, is the side waste touching the back edge of the pan, preventing it reaching the wall?

Some of the old low level toilets have the soil pipe maybe 10" to centre from wall. The question mark shaped bend (called a 'Q' bend) may suit as it will allow the toilet bowl back 2 or 2"

Cheers mate that looks like it will do the trick. Thanks for your help guys, I'm sure ill be back with the next problem I hit!

Twasn't the Romans who invented plumbing it was the Egyptians . . . .

It turns out they was using PTFE for mummification you see!

Update: the toilet is now covered in PTFE and has actually turned the water supply 50% PTFE - amount of rolls used 956...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Well persevered, it is always worth the extra...
Replies
Views
I got a Floplast boss strap from Screwfix...
Replies
Views
Either buy the correct one at the higher cost...
Replies
Views
D
It’s possile the roughness is causing the...
Replies
Views
Turn your phone 45 degrees!!! The picture is...
Replies
Views
Back