Fixing a push-button toilet. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fixing a push-button toilet. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

todonnell

Hi,

I have a pushbutton toilet which developed a fault - having dismantled the push button part I see a black rubber bulb which when squeezed pushes air through to the syphon and operates the flush.

The rubber has perished and split so no longer works so I need a new one, trouble is I cannot find one anywhere.

Does anyone have any ideas where I can get a new one from?

Here's a couple of pictures.

[DLMURL]http://todonnell.co.uk/pics/toiletpart1sm.jpg[/DLMURL]
[DLMURL]http://todonnell.co.uk/pics/toiletpart2sm.jpg[/DLMURL]

Thanks,
Tim

Last edited by a moderator:
Unfortunately I don't know who the maufacturer is; the whole cistern is sealed in behind a partition with tiles all over and I can't get to it without ripping it all out.

There's no writing / numbers of any sort of the bulb itself.

It's more difficult when you don't know the make. Do a search for a pneumatic wc push button flush, or remove the old button and take it to a plumbers merchant to see if they can find another one to match it up for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you mate, really appreciated that. I...
Replies
Views
R
Could be the bellows becoming weak behind the...
Replies
Views
Are they all designed to fit a standard...
Replies
Views
Will be the fill valve but sometimes it’s...
Replies
Views
I take it that there was nothing there...
Replies
Views
Back