Fixing bath tap shower mixer to wall | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fixing bath tap shower mixer to wall in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

Matt0029

Gas Engineer
If have the below shower/bath tap mixer to fit. The finish wall won't be tiles but plastic sheeting. That isn't too strong. So I want a way of fixing the shower to the wall before it's sheeted. Do I use the offset connectors supplied and a back plate elbow or buy shower mounting kit? It's on to a solid wall, well it's a thermal block wall.

Yes it’s called a running nipple if straight fully threaded or barrel nipple if you don’t want it fully threaded

Upvote 0
Stick two 15mm pipes out that are properly secured in the wall then use a fast fix kit? Usually do bar showers like this with plastic paneling and don't have any issues, can't see a bath/shower mixer being much different?

Upvote 0
Stick two 15mm pipes out that are properly secured in the wall then use a fast fix kit? Usually do bar showers like this with plastic paneling and don't have any issues, can't see a bath/shower mixer being much different?
That's what I wanted to do but the shower bath mixer is heavy. I'd worry that it may pierce the plastic. That is hollow on the inside.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20200329_183942_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    Screenshot_20200329_183942_com.android.gallery3d.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 31
Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Upto the tiler to correct then at his expense...
Replies
Views
  • Question
https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/bristan-bar-valve-wa...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
L
  • Question
You want some small self tappers and I’m...
Replies
Views
T
Replies
Views
Back