Fixing leak between tank and toilet | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fixing leak between tank and toilet in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Hello I'm completely lost here I have a leak between my toilet and the tank I have looked up how to repair it but I'm a bit confused as the bolts on my toilet don't go into the tank itself and I can't see anyway if removing the tank to replace the part in between is there any other way of fixing this without calling a plumber as I can't afford that please any help would be great

If it's a close coupled cistern (tank) the bolts or wing nuts are under the pan.
There's a plate between the 2 that the bolts slot in to.

picture courtesy © helpful colin

path of leaking water helpful colin.PNG

If your cistern:
a. Is close coupled (i.e. attached directly to the pan). AND
b. Doesn't have two bolts in the bottom going through to the pan.
Then it will have a close coupling kit between underside of the cistern and the pan. Have a look at "Screwfix close coupling kit" to see what it is.

Similar plumbing topics

Unfortunately some new build plumbing is not...
Replies
Views
I would cut it to the right size and glue the...
Replies
Views
C
Hello My toilet flush is busted. The tank...
Replies
Views
Chris P
C
Hi, could you post a picture of the whole WC...
Replies
Views
Common issue siamp fill valve either replace...
Replies
Views
Back