Flat conversion-new mains supply | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flat conversion-new mains supply in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

simon999

Hi,
Just been thrown in at the deep end here, local builder has brought me in on a conversion job a bit late on ( 5 storey grade 2 house, converted into 9 two bed flats
As i said late to the party so need to get on with 1st fix, will 20mm mains to each flat from basement be ok as having upgraded main supply installed and separate meters but not for 6-7 weeks !!
From what i gather they are putting in a 32mm supply,
any thoughts gratefully received,

cheers

Builder should give you original spec surely. If not have fun. One of other guys can probably answer better.

if its 5 stories high, its the mains pressure you need to be thinking about, and use a bigger pipe to higher flats especially if they want a combi installed, water supplier would be a useful starter, get them out to look at pressures on mains first and take their advice on pipework if builder isnt thinking of helping you, as they will all blame you if it dribbles out later on.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd certainly only be getting involved with that mess if it was worth some serious £££££

id be looking at a 63mm supply or 2 x 50mm run in a service cupboard/s up throught the shared part of the building with 25mm feeds to each dwelling, or individual 25mm (32mm for top floors) mains in service cupboard from outside.

Find out what the water board want, position of water meters etc...

remember the mains should not run through another dwelling, although this still happpens alot.

Cheers for that,
the main problem i have is the architect that designed it has put two service voids up through the building passing through the flats and no provision for service cupboards in communal areas !!
There is a cellar to the front of the building that now has too house 9 water/gas meters + electrics that means a lot to get up those voids.
Thanks again for the advice

gas services should be in fire rated service cupboard/ ducts ventilated top and bottom (def not in voids and inside other dwellings), any exposed gas outside in the communal area should be steel, aecv's needed. celler will need ventiation.

Last edited:
Yes the gas has been another headache as originally SGN were installing the meters on either side of the building so an easy run up and in.... the local council/planning control said no as listed building even though most of other properties which are the same have outside meters/pipe work.
The only way i can see is nice expensive trac pipe :disappointed:

Sounds wrong 32mm to supply 5 25mm.............

Builders thi!
Break rand and some big booster set

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

If I were you, I would request a visit from...
Replies
Views
S
Thanks for that, i think the custard is going...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
F
ACV do a boiler that could suit your project...
Replies
Views
Gray0689
G
Back