Flats bathrooms fed by tank? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flats bathrooms fed by tank? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

Hi guys I did a job today in a block of flats, fairly old place, plumbing was all a bit ropey in this particular flat. The job was to change an electric shower over, I changed it, didn't work.. noticed the water pressure was a bit pants.. I could stop it with my finger on the basin.. thought surely not.. a little bit more investigation and I see that the bathroom appears to be fed via a tank maybe? Under testing, the pressure was under 0.2bar.. Large riser in a cupboard 35mm maybe bigger, reduces (tees off, riser continues down) to 15mm with a gate valve, when I shut this off it turned the bathroom off but the kitchen tap stayed on and the the feed to the fortic cylinder remained on.. anyways, couldn't fit the shower as it just wouldn't heat up, rang Mira they said it won't activate under 0.5bar.. that makes sense but they had a shower there for 10 years that allegedly worked until it didn't.. just wondering as I don't do much work in flats, it's south coast (Brighton) is it common for them to be fed via a communal break tank or something of the sort, owner didn't know much..? Cheers

Last edited:

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
If the common tank only supplies hot water but...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you and from what my neighbours have...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Scotland dude we dont pay for water like the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes or they do an extra tank so brings it upto...
Replies
Views
  • Question
A thermostatic cartridge is passing. Hot from...
Replies
Views
Back