flavel everglow bf fire | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flavel everglow bf fire in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
this fire keeps sooting up, i serviced it the other day inlet pressure and gas rate fine, when i put the flue gas analyser in the flue the CO levels maxed out at 150ppm.

I have placed the coals in the right position, and it appears to be sooting up one day after the service.

I'm thinking the burner is maybe out of poistion and too close to the coals? It is room sealed and not spilling internally but causing soot build up on the outside wall.

Installation instructions
[DLMURL]http://www.bfm-europe.com/data/downloads/flavel-emberglow-bf-installation-manual-6.pdf[/DLMURL]

Last edited by a moderator:
2 things check the injectors not caked up,check the air intakes not obstructed i do service work for bfm there not prone to sooting up

I thought this was posted in the private forum, could you move it?

air intake doesnt seem obstructed customer was an old lady speaking to her son on the phone said its done it since it was installed basically and it has been serviced before by other engineers

Did you completely strip out and wash burner? Clean injectors?
If the burner spotless, flue sound, coals correct and gas rate all good there is no other reason for excessive sooting on these fires.

I'd be checking the flue and seals if this has been happening since the install took place

The seal on the glass panel was worn so I put some 10mm rope seal around it, replaced closure tape, removed and cleaned burner, there was a heat shield on the flue I also removed that as it wasn't in MI. I think I might pop down after a week see how bad the soot has gotten or if the new seal had helped it

I would be examining that flue system very carefully, to see if products of combustion are re-circulating.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks mate. Been very lucky, a neighbour...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Hi everyone - Recently bought a house which is...
Replies
Views
hose not perished they split very easily and...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
Back