Flexible WC Pan Connector | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter GeeDee
  • Start date
  • Replies 9
  • Views 21K

Discuss Flexible WC Pan Connector in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
G

GeeDee

I am in the process of replacing a flexible WC pan connector owing to a leak developing between the connector and WC spigot, not sure why other than the rubber seal seems to have hardened, and am wondering whether to use any form of lubricant/sealer on either end of the connector on the rubber seal or fins.

I've searched this site and Googled but have only come up with conflicting advice ranging between don't use anything to saliva, washing up liquid or silicone sealer.

Is there a definitive answer to this please?

The decent pan connectors come with a pack of grease but if not one of those then a bit of spit will suffice.

Oh and welcome!

Last edited:
nothing other then water on the pan spigot, you can use silicone grease or the little pack of grease that comes with it for easing into the soil pipe.

you can use a little grease on the svp end if it fits securely, but water/spit only on the pan end. this end is designed to be a dry fit to avoid it moving when youve had a curry!! :)

you can use a little grease on the svp end if it fits securely, but water/spit only on the pan end. this end is designed to be a dry fit to avoid it moving when youve had a curry!! :)

Thanks Guys

I don't know about you, but when I've had a curry, everything flows that much more easily :bomb:

No packet of grease with the unit so it seems saliva is the order of the day.

I'm surprised there are no takers for silicone mastic as I would have thought it would give the lubrication for installation but would help seal and remain flexible.

One tip I did pick up on is to wedge the end in the soil stack with a bit of timber to help it stay in position.

Never use any lubricant other than spit.

Shouldnt need silicone due to the seal with the pan connector should suffice. Go for a decent pan connector such as hepworth

McAlpine is my choice. Doesn't come with any grease.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Providing there is a finned seal and the...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Used a plinth and mcalpine connector...
Replies
Views
Don’t worry about a slight roughness inside...
Replies
Views
Plumber dismantled the 3 parts & whipped out...
Replies
Views
Looks like a knuckle bend to me. Can still get...
Replies
Views
Back