Flexicom SX 18, condensate trap full | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flexicom SX 18, condensate trap full in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ted808

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Ok so whilst subcontracting i put this boiler in a year ago.
I used old condensate pipe as there was (and still is no access.) It comes strait out and turns, running about 2 foot horizontal, then turns again to run down and terminates into a 4" soil stack. Total of about 4 foot with a couple of off sets to get it into the stack.
Cust reports boiler is not firing and eventually i got the call. Went over to find condensate trap(unit within the boiler) is full.
Looks like no blockage in pipe tho' quite hard to tell, water poured in ran away, but as access under boiler is minimal as per normal, can't say how much water went in and how much spilled.
Can it be something else?
I've tried looking for info but can't come up with anything other than blockage due to freezing but it's clearly not that.
Can't see a 2 foot horizontal- with some slope could block...

Any idea's? Ah fault code was F1

Last edited:
Check following for F1 fault
Gas tap is closed

Gas valve connector is loose,unconnected,faultly,or wires are trapped
Ignitor connectors are loose,unconnected,faultly,trapped
Faulty ignitor
Low gas inlet pressure
Incorrect gas valve adjustment
Electrode ignition leads loose,unconnected,faulty,trapped
Electrode broken,defective, or position incorrect
Air inlet blocked,flue inlet blocked,flue duct leaking
Earthning connection loose,disconnected
Condesate blocked

F1 is ignition fault, so could be gas, electrodes, condense, poor earth etc. If you suspect condense is at fault, take out flexible connector and discharge into tub. Or take out trap and clean fully.
If it's not this, then check all the above.

Hope this helps

Thanks yeah I took out trap and cleaned it. Before, when it tried to fire a gurgling sound was heard, and it was ok after, but i wondered why did the condensate unit fill up? When is it likely to happen again? Maybe i need to go back with steps long enough and check that condensate pipe..

Hey ted sometimes its the design of the condensate trap some of the less expensive boilers there are flaws in the design i know that glowworm had a couple of designs for traps in the betacom (i think) i had to replace a trap and im sure it was a bettacom, and was told the one i was replacing was a bad design and since been changed,,, good luck

It's a Glow Worm. .... abort thread abort thread :lol:
I have 2 days training on them tomorrow and Friday. ... can I keep a straight face? ?

I will bet the pipe is blocked, if you heard gurgling then it stopped when you took trap out. When you took trap out, probably released excess water from sump and in trap, fires up all ok, then get a call back in a week!! Might be wrong tho.

With the condense, take off flexible connector and put some BG orange drain hose into pipe, and blow. It fits snug on inside of condense pipe. Easy check for a blockage.

Maybe but I don't think I'll be going back there.... I was called back because cust said boiler not firing and last time she'd not turned the stat up... talk about waste of time... ah well..

She had glow worm out and they wormed out of it saying she must call engineer back as it wsn't the boiler at fault. !!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks. I will look that up
Replies
Views
In principle it's should not drip but in...
Replies
Views
well, the quality of my installs have very...
Replies
Views
F
check the pipe what comes out of the trap up...
Replies
Views
fixter1
F
Back