Flooring area being warm---underground pipe caused? | Ground Sourced Heat Pumps | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flooring area being warm---underground pipe caused? in the Ground Sourced Heat Pumps area at Plumbers Forums

Hi,

Recently I just found the flooring surface outside of cylinder cabinet is warm, I had unvented cylinder+expansion vessel installed a few months ago, I knew and saw there are pipes were installed underground from the cylinder cabinet room across the corridor then through the room and go out of the wall.

So I assume the underground pipes installed (with expansion vessel installed) are for hot water or for heating? And that's why it is hot so that the flooring is warm?

Could anyone confirm this is the case and this is normal the flooring to be warm?

Please see attached photos:
The first one is for the flooring surface area being warm & that area is the underground pipes were installed; the second photo is the pipe that is very hot--this is for heating pipe right?---is this pipe going into underground and results in flooring surface warm?

Thanks!

Attachments

• flooring area warm.jpeg
    flooring area warm.jpeg
    354.3 KB · Views: 22
  • pipe hot.jpeg
    pipe hot.jpeg
    449.6 KB · Views: 18
Picture that shows pipework above pump would be useful.
Looks like the pipe you have indicated may be heating flow which would be hot if heating/hot water on.

Picture that shows pipework above pump would be useful.
Looks like the pipe you have indicated may be heating flow which would be hot if heating/hot water on.
Please see attached photo as request.
Yes, that pipe is for heating. And once heating programmer is on, it will be hot.

But I am not sure this pipe goes underground and then goes out of the wall to outside---as expansion vessel needs pipes to go out.
And I am not sure unvented cylinder + expansion vessel installation will have underground pipes hot so that the flooring surface being warm?

Attachments

• Cylinder.jpeg
    Cylinder.jpeg
    140.1 KB · Views: 14
If the floor warms when there’s a demand for heating then yea it’s related. One wouldn’t really expect the floor to be too warm but depends on a few things. How close the pipe work is to the flooring, whether it’s insulated or not etc etc. if there’s no visible signs of leaks I wouldn’t worry too much. I’d advise insulating the pipes if it bothered you but looking at that flooring that wouldn’t be an easy job.

If the floor warms when there’s a demand for heating then yea it’s related. One wouldn’t really expect the floor to be too warm but depends on a few things. How close the pipe work is to the flooring, whether it’s insulated or not etc etc. if there’s no visible signs of leaks I wouldn’t worry too much. I’d advise insulating the pipes if it bothered you but looking at that flooring that wouldn’t be an easy job.
Actually I am not bothered by the warm floor as I knew there are pipes installed under that area. I just wanted to get confirmed that once the unvented cylinder+ expansion vessel are installed, and when the heating or hot water is on, then the underground pipes will be hot, this is the case?

Similar plumbing topics

see same. below on this as some one has had...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Tbh it’s a must for horizontal cylinders as...
Replies
Views
There could still be 22mm pipework left...
Replies
Views
Turn off all roads upstairs and all but one...
Replies
Views
Back