flow or return water goes to DHW he? | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flow or return water goes to DHW he? in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

bluesky

Gas Engineer
dear all, i am studying gas safe now, i opened a friend's vaillant boiler yesterday and found that the divert valve is on the return way back to boiler, does this mean actually the return central heating water goes to secondary heat exchanger and is warming up the DHW tap water?

this must be a silly question for you, any help is appreciated,

cheers

hi gasman, could you tell more please, my trainer told me that water heated in main heat exchanger and goes to secondry heat exchanger once the flow switch detects the water flow, but my understanding is the divert valve should be at the outlet of the main heat exchanger, so when i saw the divert valve is at the inlet of main heat exchanger i was bit surprised...

diverter will be on the flow,pump on the return pushing trough the main heat exchanger when a demand for hot water occurs a diaphragm boiler (baxi 105 he for example) water runs trough 2 small pipes on the diaphragm pushs discs at pre set locations in the dv body this pushes primary water trough the plate heat which is a honey comb affair very hot primary water runs very close to but not mix with secondary water (cold main) comes out the other side hot (dhw)
look here http://manuals.aonly.com/index.php?d=Boilers/Baxi at functional flow diagrams for a better under standing scroll down and click on baxi 105 e installmanual

Last edited by a moderator:
Hot water in a combi is heated by a secondary water to water heat exchanger. Some boilers have an automatic bypass valve which connects the two just in case all the rads are shut.

Similar plumbing topics

R
Wb 4000 recently installed, and just balanced...
Replies
Views
Return temperature
R
You've already spent thousands on a new boiler...
Replies
Views
M
  • Question
Sounds like a typical symptom of a sticking...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Problem found, it was a blockage... mostly in...
Replies
Views
G
Could be one of a number. Need to know what...
Replies
Views
Back