Flow Rate and boiler size | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flow Rate and boiler size in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

ben phillips

Hi all,

Having a new combi fitted in a few days and have a couple of questions, which i tought someone on here might have the answers to.

I have a choice of two boiler outputs a 28 & 33KWH i know both of these will heat my home but not sure about the DHW flow rate. The 28 gives a flow rate of 11.5 l/min and the 33 gives 13.5 l/min ive measured the flow rate at the kitchen sink with a weir gauge and it is fluxuates between 11 l/min and 14 l/min so on this info which one would you recommend.

Also the boiler is a potterton gold and was wondering what peoples thoughts on these boilers are.

Many thanks

Ben

Go for the bigger one. Don't worry about what your getting out of the tap

go for the bigger one, the flow rate is at a 35deg rise, ie if the incoming water is 15 degrees then the boiler will add 35deg of heat to that so the end temp out of the tap will be 50deg, if we have another winter like the last one and the temp of the water coming out of the service pipe from the ground is say 5 degrees then the water coming out of the tap will be cooler, the extra power of the 33kw will help with this on a cold day. you only relly notice this phenomina (sp?) if you have a smaller combi (24kw).
The Potterton Gold is basicly a Baxi Duotech which is a very good boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm wondering if you have very poor mains...
Replies
Views
Hi John, This was actually a house I'm...
Replies
Views
So you don’t have any of the blending valves /...
Replies
Views
I also thought it was 10:1, for the 4000 and...
Replies
Views
Thanks guys. Just finished and managed to set...
Replies
Views
Back