Fluctuating water temp with Potterton Gold 24 boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fluctuating water temp with Potterton Gold 24 boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

Stephf

Hello,

Newbie here - had an entire flat refurb about a year and a half ago, with an entire new central heating system, plumbing (all pipework), boiler (Potterton Gold 24) etc put in to my flat. Recently noticed the hot water temperature has gradually started fluctuating, with shower going from warm to cool etc. Thought it was the thermostatic cartridge in my shower so gave it a good descaling, however noticed all my other taps are doing the same, so I now assume the problem to be from the boiler. No error messages, or funny noises... Any ideas - thought I'd post here first in case it was a simple fix, or something I could check, before paying silly money for a gas person to come out (yup, I live in London...).

Thanks for any help...
Stephf

It sounds like maybe a simple fix but you need gsr engineer to work on it

Hello Stephf. Know what this is. easy fix!! Should be around £70-£80 part and one hour labour. Fair price around £65 for an hour.

Hello Stephf. Know what this is. easy fix!! Should be around £70-£80 part and one hour labour. Fair price around £65 for an hour.
unless your in london, we'll charge you £90 an hour plus parking, plus congestion charge

Whoever you use Steph make sure they are Gas Safe Registered.

Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

At the moment when you move the hot water...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the detailed and considered...
Replies
Views
C
Try reading this - the pump and flow switch
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
Are you Gas Safe Registered? If not please...
Replies
Views
Back