flue for boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flue for boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
B

buckley plumb

got to fit a combi to this flat and the only position for the flue would be where the dryer vent is . could i concrete board half of the window in and out to form a prefab wall to the right hand above the door and do the flue here ensuring the flue is 300mm from the door.any advise is appreciated .

ant

Attachments

• photo1062.jpg
    photo1062.jpg
    94.5 KB · Views: 49
As long as the flue outlet is 300mm away from any point of entry to the building you fine. Glas isn't a point of entry

The door is the only closest entry and that looks more than 300 from the extract

Providing you get rid of the butter fly, I cant see a problem. :laugh:

Last edited by a moderator:
even if it is 100mm from window you can a plum kit ! if customer is willing you can get a local glazer to change window and cut you a 5" hall to put flue with silicone around it !

even if it is 100mm from window you can a plum kit ! if customer is willing you can get a local glazer to change window and cut you a 5" hall to put flue with silicone around it !

Depends on the manufacturer.
Had one last year on a broag, when I spoke to their tech they said 300 mm for outlet and inlet.

Maybe a twin pipe would overcome the situatuon.

Not according to their installation manuals both state 150mm in those. In fact I've not come across any manufacturer that will let you go close than 150 with a plume kit.

when i spoke to them vailant they confirm this last summer and i was on training with wb they confired it too . Ill call them and will post here !

I'd want something in writing from them before I fitted closer than 150. I've heard of people being given verbal advice before and companies denying that they've said it.

I am with Mike on this, 150mm is the minimum from the air intake to an opening.

Snap on 150mm, thinks it also to do with affecting the structual integrity of the building opening its near

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I'm going to go tomorrow to switch it off for...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
T
Do a slightly dodgy job and let the extractor...
Replies
Views
As a precaution report this to the building...
Replies
Views
P
As above through the roof. Also I doubt that...
Replies
Views
Back