Flue gas analysers | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flue gas analysers in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

jase158

I had anton come out and explain a few things (after pushing for answers)

1. all analysers need calibration on a yearly basis
2. all analysers have cells that need replacing 3-5 years
3. some analysers have the condensation filter on pipe and some inside analyser

So please can you tell me
1. which analyser you have
2. How much is your calibration
3. How often you change your cells and how much it costs
4. Does it have filter in analyser or on pipe? have you had any that have completely failed due to condensation getting into the analyser.

Tpi have the cheapest calibration but there complete rubbish avoid them!

Mines a tpi its broke twice. My works is a tpi and that's broke once!

I've had a Kane 455 for a few years and thought it great. Had an Anton Sprint Evo 2 for about a week now, still undecided.

I've had a Kane 455 for a few years and thought it great. Had an Anton Sprint Evo 2 for about a week now, still undecided.

I had an anton when I worked at the council a few years ago and I never got on with it. It used to take ages to purge and I hated it to be honest.

The magnet that sticks it to the side of a boiler is good though.

Got the Anton Sprint Evo3, but have had use of Sprint v1, v2 and Kane 455.

I prefer the Evo3, mainly because it's mine. It just looks and feels better than the rest (much smaller than old anton)

4. Does it have filter in analyser or on pipe? have you had any that have completely failed due to condensation getting into the analyser.

I have 2 Kane 455's and a Kane KM900

Calibration is about £120.00 (don't forget I'm in Ireland so shipping is expensive)

Cell went in the KM900 the replacement cost was about 2/3rds the price of a new analyser so bought a Kane 455 instead because of the five year warranty.

Kane 455 has both in the the analyser and on the pipe, I think the pipe part was extra.

Reliable tools I would buy again.

I've now got a QMI 1000 which is a re badged Kane. It's got 5 year warranty and fixed price servicing of £80 a year.

1, kane 455
2, £100 a year approx. which includes another 12 month warrantee
3, cells have a 5 year life span, but cell life can be dependant on use with all analyser's
4, filter on analyser, dont really matter where it is aslong as its clean and empty before use.

never leave in the van over night in the winter. there loads of posts about them, including a sticky or two.

so its between the kane and anton, Kane seems to be a lil more expensive to calibrate. But apart from that much the same.

I've now got a QMI 1000 which is a re badged Kane. It's got 5 year warranty and fixed price servicing of £80 a year.

Seems like best value to me. Jase, the worse thing about Anton is turnaround time on servicing. If I was to buy again I'd go for Kane, or as above.

so its between the kane and anton, Kane seems to be a lil more expensive to calibrate. But apart from that much the same.

Jase if it's any help Anton have an agent in Ireland who can have the calibration done very fast and cheaper than Kane.

Yet any of the Guys I've spoken to here are sorry they bought the Anton, most say it's not as sturdy as the Kane and will be changing brands next time they are buying.

If you can try and get one of each to try them and judge for yourself, I think Keison do a very good price on the Kane in different kits, they also do Testo, Anton and others, might be worth a call and try a little haggling.

I'm a bit out of date on my UK locations (early alzheimers) but I think they are not very far from you might be worth a visit.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Id say recal at that price....as soon as it...
Replies
Views
It's usually around 20% off a new one ...
Replies
Views
If you're thinking of upgrading your flue gas...
Replies
Views
Thanks for your response mate. Im not...
Replies
Views
Back