flue gas analyzer low co2 reading is low | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flue gas analyzer low co2 reading is low in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tad334

Hello, I hope someone can help. I’ve got Kane 455 FGA, its been serviced and calibrated the problem is that CO2 level is 2.3, 3.5 at most I could get 4.5, instead of 9-11, co co2 ratios are fine 0.0004 0.0009, co are fine as well 17 to 25. Recently I sent it back for recalibration but they dint find anything wrong. Also I tested it on 3 different boilers. Can anyone tell what is going on, I assume I’m doing something wrong. Thanks

are you testing a nice new HE boiler or an old style bf boiler they are a bit different, re readings.

[DLMURL]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33209856/photo1.JPG[/DLMURL]
[DLMURL]https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/33209856/photo2.JPG[/DLMURL]
these are two links

Last edited by a moderator:
pop into your local college or assessment centre, theyll probably let you do a comparison.

potterton 80 he, before it was glow worm cx 24 boiler and co2 was 2.4

Ppm parts per million get your post count upto ten quick and pm your gsr details to redsaw or gasman so we can get you off the main forums and in the gas section . Thread drifts off I may close it

Last edited by a moderator:
The above are standard gas valved boilers where CO² is not a required parameter.

just do a check to see whether your readings are gross/net and your using gas setup and not pellets or lpg etc.

there was a problem with glow worm flexicom 24cx, co2 was around 3.5, can it be correct?
Is this not a standard gas valve boiler? Do the MI's give a CO² figure? If not ignore it!
If your ratio is good, burner pressure, gas rate ok then that is all that is required on these.

Is this not a standard gas valve boiler? Do the MI's give a CO² figure? If not ignore it!
If your ratio is good, burner pressure, gas rate ok then that is all that is required on these.
MI: Burner % CO2 case on 9.3 nominal

My mistake. Got mixed up with the other standard burner Glowworm.
The Suprima HE does not require a CO² figure IIRC, so should be ignored.
As mentioned if you believe have a problem you need to get hold of another FGA and do side by side comparison.

the tech pages as you say are 9.3% co2 for a flexicom, if the setup was too moch lower your boiler would have been booming away if it worked at all! http://www.glow-worm.co.uk/stepone/data/downloads_sd/b6/00/00/flexicom-cx-instn.pdf

So as mentioned go through your analyser manual and check you have set it up ok in the first place, then try a comparison somewhere with another analyser to see the figures match or dont, then take it from there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Gas flue analyser for sale : £225 Anton...
Replies
Views
I've moved it. Report any posts that need...
Replies
Views
200 ppm is high, usually about 50-100. as said...
Replies
Views
Mate, all you need to do is everything, to...
Replies
Views
M
Hahaha i remember something about 200ppm but...
Replies
Views
Whyme
W
Back