flue inspection hatch | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flue inspection hatch in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
R

REDSAW

came across a vertical flue into the roof void today in an old mill that has been converted into flats.
slapped the estate agent with a AR on his cp12 for this.lol

also the gas ecv (secondary meter) was a fan cock to 22mm comp fitting (no labels) thats not right is it?. looks like it has been installed from day one!, i have also pulled this too!.

then there was the meter with zero labeling attached.

where do you guys get your inspection hatches from?

Not had any yet but plumb city have a display at the moment various styles and finishes

A fan cock is suitable if it can be easily turned. It's only a valve and it works. Needs labeling tho.

came across a vertical flue into the roof void today in an old mill that has been converted into flats.
slapped the estate agent with a AR on his cp12 for this.lol

also the gas ecv (secondary meter) was a fan cock to 22mm comp fitting (no labels) thats not right is it?. looks like it has been installed from day one!, i have also pulled this too!.

then there was the meter with zero labeling attached.

where do you guys get your inspection hatches from?

Martin as said fan cocks are allowed comp or soldered on secondary meters, they even come in the BES U6 kit, I junk and use a gas approved full bore lever valve.

Regards labels the primary meter should have a label on informing of the number and location of any secondary meters, also the inlet valve to the secondary meter needs on/ off tape and a Regin emergency gas isolation valve notice.

Hatches I bought were from a supplier who advertised in gas safe or gas engineer mag, ensure they are fire rated too, some on eBay are not!

I've bought some hatches from my local PTS or Williams branches.

thanks
how does a fan cock fall to the off position then?

and what label is it 'twist off, twist on' lol?

It can do but is irrelevant as it is not a lever valve. Lever valves were not commonly used until probably the late 90's early 2000's as they were not widely available.
Its all bollox. Even a halfwit knows how to turn a valve off without a label but we must accommodate the hard of thinking and put a bit tape on just incase they blame us when the house burns down and they can't turn a valve because no one drew them a picture or they turned it off then bumped into it in the rush out the door and put it back on!

thanks
how does a fan cock fall to the off position then?

and what label is it 'twist off, twist on' lol?

Lol funny as I can not remember putting labels or seeing levers on Main Severn's / Trents / Medways / Medinas etc MPWH's :44:

I thought hatches only needed to be fire rated to preent fire/smoke into adjoining properties, flats and communal ducts etc? Is this right?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

keston are alright, theyre basicly an ideal...
Replies
Views
never done a twin flue so cant advise,you need...
Replies
Views
Billy Bob Bob
B
only if there is a hidden joint there should...
Replies
Views
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Anyway not really your problem your covered...
Replies
Views
ed209
E
Back