flue issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flue issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

l11tul

what is the view on a concentric flue coming through a steel corragated pitched roof roof with all correct clearances

Nothing wrong with that.
Only issue is getting the roof sealed but there are various methods that can be used.

ok thats great to know i thought that spoke to my superior he thinks its ncs but he has not seen it so he is out tomorow to check

Your taking it verticle? we assume. Weather proofing could be alittle tricky.

no concentric flue its horrizontal it needs 25 mm from external corner its the only dim thatb comes in to play its a sealed roof not tiled so no fumes can return into house

Bit different if it is horizontal. I suppose the pitch of the roof could be considered. It is not much of an issue and you see them like that quite often. The issue here may be whether you are allowed to run the flue exposed (the enameled bit). Best to ask the manu to clarify.

Weathering such an arrangement through corrugated galv. steel can be tricky. And often requires a new sheet in order to form a lapped joint just above and local to the proposed flue. Carry the flashing up under the sheet to weather the hole. Its worth checking if vertical is an option, although the same requirements it would be easier to complete.

Problem you may face is build up of snow if you cannot get sufficient height off the roof and suitability of flue outside. Why cant you take it verticle? Thats why the manufacturers make a verticle flue kit.

Best speak to the manufacturers and go with their recommendations. Most are very helpful, and many do kits for such situations and have fitting instructions.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Atag let you go for the 600mm clearance away...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I suspect it’s coming through via the flashing...
Replies
Views
I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
If it’s in the manufacturer’s instructions...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
It seems to be a case of having to watch and...
Replies
Views
Back