flue issue | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flue issue in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SafeGasInstall

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
Hi all arms members ,

Need a bit off advice , have job to price . Existing boiler is in the kitchen and customer wants it move up stairs in the airing cupboard .
They have a heat only but willing to have a combi boiler .
Pressure is 4 bar with 22 L of water .
Getting boiler in airing cupboard will be easy just the gas pipe is a mission to do as there is the green floor boards , Out side run impossible as there is clay tiles on the wall so can not clip the pipe work .
Customer is not willing to keep boiler in kitchen but at the same time is not willing to have carpenter to take up flooring as to mach disruption to there house .
I am willing to install system boiler in the kitchen but they have a plan to have conservatory installed later on , boiler is on the back wall of the kitchen right in the middle of the wall .
Here it comes my Q:
what can I do to install boiler and later when they have conservatory to convert it so flue to go up . Is it ok to have a bout 400mm horizontal flue (which is standard flue ) and then convert it with elbow to go up and have a vertical flue .
But then will have a issue with vertical as it need to be min 500mm from the wall ?
Could i from the 400mm horizontal flue turn it side way and then run flue along the wall and then ant the end off the conservatory which will be like 2000mm put a plum kit?
What would have you done as way of preparing and be ready for when conservatory is installed to have it easy in order to run the flue ?

Much appreciate your response ,

Stan

Maybe you could do up a simple jpeg drawing to give a clearer picture of what you need to do and tell us what boiler Stan.

The Easy answer to this would be check the MI's for flueing options on your chosen boiler.

Can't go any drowings :( sorry .
Boiler is likely to be Worcester 15i (system) .
Will call Worcester tommorow ! Sorry for my bad explination skills .

im not really sure i think you would need to use the vertical kit adaptor and go up from boiler to a 90degree bend then go horizontally with another 90 to take you vertical, if that helps ? not sure if you can ot with a 90 straight from boiler

Can you take a photo Stan? I've had to do so when asking on here for help.

A picture paints a thousand words mate!

Can you use a boiler with a balanced flue instead? I believe you can do all the flue work from inside the house.

You will probably have to use the bigger sized flue because of the 90"s and length, as far as i am aware if you put the vertical adapter stright on top of boiler then your 90 then carry on where you need to go,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

I took those photos! Looks like the only...
Replies
Views
T
Do a slightly dodgy job and let the extractor...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Atag let you go for the 600mm clearance away...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Get a roofer to replace a ridge tile and you...
Replies
Views
Back