flue seal leaking water | Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flue seal leaking water in the Plumbing Zone | All Other Country's area at Plumbers Forums

A

ash121

we have a High level flue outlet kit fitted to the boiler ideal logic combi plus i have noticed water dripping from the internal flue on to the ground where the internal pipe connects to the flue elbow/air terminal, upon closer inspection it seems to be coming from the seal where the internal flue pipe connects to

The flue is sloped back to the boiler, I have spoken to my plumber about this who has advised he has come across this before and has suggested that he could seal it up with sealant as the seals are weak and prone to causing leaks

Is this fine to do?

ideal logic combi plus 30kw, it is the end of the flue pipe that connects to the seal of the elbow which connects to the outlet extension pipe to release the plume

Upvote 0
Pic attached

Attachments

• 20120925_175923.jpg
    20120925_175923.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 73
Upvote 0
it is a brand new seal and still leaks this is the problem, myself and the plumber cannot think of any other solution apart from sealing it in with sealant

Upvote 0
Is it a vaillant ofr glow worm? They are a terrible design and many leak straight out the box.
Thats what happens when manufacturers are run by accountants. Get your man to complain to the rep and let them fix it.

Upvote 0
dont know how long that shall take though, and i guess they shall just give another seal to fit, shall advise the plumber to seal it in with silicone sealant and if it leaks again will put a complaint in, cheers

Last edited by a moderator:
Upvote 0
dont know how long that shall take though, and i guess they shall just give another seal to fit, shall advise the plumber to seal it in with silicone sealant and if it leaks again will put a complaint in, cheers

Wrong,

How are Ideal to know they have a problem if enough people refuse to tell them?

Tell Ideal (complain) use sealant as a temporary measure until they fix the problem, your GSR should know this is the way to go which suggests a lot of things to me.

Upvote 0
it seems to be a common problem, as yet dont think any manufacturer has a solution for a permanent fix, it has been sealed in with high modulus clear silicone sealant

Upvote 0

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Exactly it's our opinions but that opinion...
Replies
Views
Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Agreed! I was also going to suggest the same.
Replies
Views
  • Question
Many thanks for the advice.
Replies
Views
It's a sealed system so if its leaking from...
Replies
Views
Back