flue terminal too close to cooker vent | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flue terminal too close to cooker vent in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

leiadad

Gas Engineer
some advice needed, I could do with some input on a fanned flue outlet being 200 mm away from a cooker hood vent, the vent has flaps which close when not under positive pressure from hood. would this be classed as safe due to the flaps closing when cooker hood not in operation. I respect the fact maufactures instructions and bs expect 300 mm but I am a suing this would be in an open vent or window which is not under any pressure. any help would be great

Yes but I would note it down anyway

some advice needed, I could do with some input on a fanned flue outlet being 200 mm away from a cooker hood vent, the vent has flaps which close when not under positive pressure from hood. would this be classed as safe due to the flaps closing when cooker hood not in operation. I respect the fact maufactures instructions and bs expect 300 mm but I am a suing this would be in an open vent or window which is not under any pressure. any help would be great
I would not class this as safe. Both manufacturers and bs state 300mm. In the end if something goes wrong you are the one who gets the problem. Especially when people cook a lot they will use it.

The 300mm does not apply to vents from a fixed appliance, such as cooker hoods.
I will dig out a reference

Similar plumbing topics

bit of guidance needed. I have a flue which is...
Replies
Views
Vaillant are actually one of the more sensible...
Replies
Views
T
Hello All, With regard to having a non...
Replies
Views
Yes, I did see that the matter of putting Mag...
Replies
Views
Hi, thanks Brambles. My wife is not at all...
Replies
Views
Back