Flue terminating into internal space | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flue terminating into internal space in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Davinder

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Just need to pick your brains for a moment guys/girls.

Now this flue (For an Ideal Iasr 24 HE) Terminates into an internal space (some sort of out-building/Lean-to), So we've ID the boiler.

Now we're a bit stumped about how to re-run the flue so that it terminates safely.

Here’s a Picture of what I’m talking about:

It's been suggested to us that we could just put a plume kit on it, but I thought that you can't use one of those as a solution to a terminal position problem, (there just to 'manage the plume' so that it doesn’t cause a nuisance to, - say your neighbour). Correct me if I’m wrong.

Also in different properties I’ve seen (where they've had a similar problem) they use a normal horizontal flue kit, but put an elbow on the end and continue the flue run vertically, till they get to the end and put another elbow on with the terminal off-cut from the horizontal flue kit.

What would you suggest, because I’m not sure what the best thing would be to do here?

Plus (this may or may not make a difference), it's 650mm away from a internal corner.

can the boilers location not be moved?? the flue itself doesnt look in great condition.

Can hardly see the picture to be honest , but as alreday posted . Try move the boiler if possible.

stick an albow or extension on top of the boiler and try and exit it somewhere else ?

can the boilers location not be moved?? the flue itself doesnt look in great condition.

I've already suggested to the custard to move the boiler, but he wants it to stay here it is.

Can hardly see the picture to be honest , but as alreday posted . Try move the boiler if possible.

Try this:
100_0335.jpg
(If you hover the mouse icon over the pic, it should en-large)

Last edited:
stick an albow or extension on top of the boiler and try and exit it somewhere else ?

Thats what i'm thinking, but to the left of the current flue terminal is the internal corner and i cant go right because the MI's state that i can only use 6 extension bits and so the flue run would be to long.

so i guess the only way is up?

Last edited:
check mi,s and use flue exstention kit like you would do in a loft

elbow it up through that plastic roof

Ok. elbow it up, but then what? Put a vertical terminal on maybe, but they a different size?

Or could i get an extention bit and again just elbow it up and have an elbow on the top of that with a horizontal flue terminal on the end?

Last edited:
Ok. elbow it up, but then what? Put a vertical terminal on maybe, but they a different size?

Or could i get an extention bit and again just elbow it up and have an elbow on the top of that with a horizontal flue on the end?

just an extension kit and appropiate terminal

i'd elbow it up through the plastic roof, but ask the owner if its ok to cut a section of wood and plastic out, then another elbow above the roof to point the original flue terminal out and obviously clip it all up and seal around that diy roof

Thanks for all the replies guys i think i'll go along with what mickie said and hope for the best.

i'd elbow it up through the plastic roof, but ask the owner if its ok to cut a section of wood and plastic out, then another elbow above the roof to point the original flue terminal out and obviously clip it all up and seal around that diy roof

i wouldunt hope for the best, id make sure its safe and is the best

just leave it turned off, its an ldeal so they probably wont notice the difference.... LOL

its nice that the customer who owns the ilegally installed boiler/flue refuses to allow it to be moved, give him a argos catalogue and the page number to the electric heaters.

Before extending the flue externally check that Ideals allow this. Most manufacturers I "THOUGHT" only allow plume kits to be run externally, due to condensation issues.

I am awaiting another view tho :party:

Kev.

ps that must be the best smiley ever!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Thank you for responding Chuck, I have booked...
Replies
Views
Vaillant are actually one of the more sensible...
Replies
Views
T
Tell the punter that they can use the extended...
Replies
Views
Flue terminating into internal space Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes, The size of the external expansion...
Replies
Views
Back