Fluidmaster short flush problems | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fluidmaster short flush problems in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phil

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
So you fit a brand new Fluidmaster flush valve and when you press for short flush, it just doesn't work whatever the slider position.
Well...The problem can easily be sorted by adjusting the cable tension, remove the flush valve and remove the single screw on the housing (button end) and adjust so you have one ring showing outside the housing.
This will tighten the cable and lift the valve that fraction bit more for a proper half flush without keeping the button pressed.

20160208_144558.jpg

slightly going a bit off topic but do people use the half flush? most i find push them both :D

So you fit a brand new Fluidmaster flush valve and when you press for short flush, it just doesn't work whatever the slider position.
Well...The problem can easily be sorted by adjusting the cable tension, remove the flush valve and remove the single screw on the housing (button end) and adjust so you have one ring showing outside the housing.
This will tighten the cable and lift the valve that fraction bit more for a proper half flush without keeping the button pressed.

View attachment 25009

Excellent post that

Bravo

I usually just jab the button and walk away half or full I'm not round long enough to find out

My problem is after working macerators for so long that now when I flush any toilet regardless of where I am and I don`t hear a motor I think Oh bugger! Daft or what!

My problem is after working macerators for so long that now when I flush any toilet regardless of where I am and I don`t hear a motor I think Oh bugger! Daft or what!

The dreaded silence, oh well back on the old knees...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
You might check whether the flush button is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Just remove the cistern and do the job...
Replies
Views
Thank you ‘AC1234’ for going to the trouble of...
Replies
Views
Thank you for the replies. Turns out the...
Replies
Views
Apologies for the delay, I know what you mean...
Replies
Views
Back