Flush valve making gurgling noise | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flush valve making gurgling noise in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi Folks

Had a concealed cistern which had a slight drip coming from its flush pipe. The flush pipe connected into the cistern via a type of pushfit connection but noticed one of maybe 3 ring seals had slipped down. Removed this from below and attempted to re-insert as best could with the limited access afforded by the access below - failed. Removed then the head of the flush valve from above and had a look. See image of flush valve I think below. Top seal apparently also missing! Managed to insert seal had previously removed into the apparent slot for (double ridged). Leak stopped.

Public

However now have gurgling noise coming from valve on flushing, in particular at the end of the flush.

Having written this description, it occurs to me now that maybe this seal should not have gone there, but at the end of the exit from the cistern where took it from. But whats the slot about and the leak has stopped...... and have now refitted the back to the wall pan and siliconed around the toilet?!

Any other suggestions as to possible causes?

Re: Flush valve making gurgling noise.....correction sucking noise

Apologies folks, allow me to amend previously mentioned noise on flush valve discharging...noise actually is a sucking noise not gurgling

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
This issue arose about a year ago. Does anyone...
Replies
Views
Email these guys...
Replies
Views
I recently moved into a new flat and both...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Also I don't think he'll be able to get a bit...
Replies
Views
I posted about one of these a while back. Did...
Replies
Views
Back