Flush wire on toilet broke - 'plunger' not visible to re-attach wire to.... | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flush wire on toilet broke - 'plunger' not visible to re-attach wire to.... in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
L

LillyRoll

The wire on my toilet flush broke - so I went to repair it - unfortunately the bottom of the old wire that goes in the 'plunger' dropped out and the plunger which meant the plunger itself fell below the rim and I'm unable to do anything!
Ive tried sticking something sharp into the plunger head but I'm able to get anything to work.
basically I need to pull the plunger back over the rim so I can attach the new wire.
any suggestions?
PS I live in an old house - and on googling for help my system doesn't have the normal flapper assembly!

Sorry Im unsure how to add a photo!

Get your hands wet!

You should be able to get your fingers under the edge of the syphon assembly and push it up enough to reattach the linkage.

Good luck!

Can you describe how to add a picture so I can show you what I've got.
There is no way to access the part to pull it up.

As croppie said in #2, you wont be able to pull it up you PUSH it up from underneath.

Email from LillyRoll

"Sorry for poor piccy - the toilet system is totally built in - with access only through a small 'doorway'!!
The only way I can view the system is with a mirror and torch - I live in an old cottage!
In the reflection of the mirror you can see the 'plunger' dropped below the rim of the attaching plastic container. The rim doesn't seem to want to screw off - so the only way I can think to get to the plunger is by pulling it up - but sticking a scalpel blade into the top just doesn't work!! The plunger is probably under a cm wide.

Sorry - but THANK YOU for your help!!"

plunger.jpg

I'm afraid the only way you're going to sort that is to disconnect cistern from pan! While you're at it, change the dump valve & fit a new one.
Wishing you success.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

D
I have a simple toilet, lav, shower bathroom...
  • Deleted member 113557
  • Boilers
  • Latest:
  • Deleted member 113557
Replies
Views
Deleted member 113557
D
Basically sounds like nothing was set in stone...
Replies
Views
Back