Flushing/Cleaning central heating system? | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flushing/Cleaning central heating system? in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Hi

I have recently bought a house which is 17 years old.
There was a small leak from one of the radiators So I took the pipe off and drained the radiator and the water was black/brown.

I took the radiator off and flushed it out with a hose pipe out the garden but it's got me thinking and I now want to clean the whole system the best I can.

Just looking for some advice really on what the best way to do this is as I have never done it before.

Shall I take each radiator off one by one and flush them out with the hose pipe and then run something like sentinel 400 for a few weeks and then flush the whole system out again?

Hoping to replace the radiators completely in a year or 2 once I have saved up enough cash but looking to clean everything out to get me by until I do.

I have a unvented system boiler if that makes any difference.

Similar plumbing topics

If you are paranoid, refill, circulate and...
Replies
Views
Hi, I have an old 3 story property with...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the information mate, ill look into...
Replies
Views
R
I need advice on flushing out my central...
Replies
Views
Robin Overall
R
https://www.plumbersforums.net/threads/problems...
Replies
Views
Back