flushing old pipework for new boiler intall | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flushing old pipework for new boiler intall in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
K

kevtrix

hi getting a new boiler fitted next week potterton combi 28he plus, going to flush the system before the new install as old baxi 552 is 20+ years old , using x800 for clean, is this cleaner good stuff. any tips?
thanks kevin

power flush ? if so should be round about a day for the flush depending on system size i use Fernox F5 but thats down to me each installer to there own

X800 is pretty good gear, are you flushing it Kevin or is the boiler installer?
And welcome to the forum.

800 cleaner works well, but given time of year, will your heating be on to push it round the system. Needs to be circulating at temperature for number of days.
Assume you are on gravity at moment, running water through system from header tank will not give adequate flush. Minimum necessary is to flush at mains pressure. Best talk with installer to ensure boiler goes on clean system.

hi thanks B.G doing the install, they are doing just the normal flush F3 then f1, but because of the old pipework i was advised to give it a good flush out then add x800 and run for a few days before they fit the boiler, i took all the rads outside today and fiushed them out.... lots of black water but nice and clear now. going to add the x800 on tuesday and run heating for a few days (hot) then drain and refill a few times the day before the install. is this all about right ? thanks
kevin

I hope you have got quotes from at least 2 other installers, who will warranty the boiler for more than a year free of charge!!

you will save £1000.00 by getting other quotes, and the installer will make more money than the sub contractor BG uses to install your boiler.

Hi it's at my mum-in-laws house (aged 81) so it's free boiler deal plus she has to pay £250 for fitting, it gets installed in 1 day, so just want to try and get the old pipework as clean as poss before install also think i will get a fillter fitted at some point... what ones are best? thanks
kevin.

My missus is burning oil. How old she got to be for BG to give her free boiler.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi @Jim Goodenough I do have some yes , I did...
Replies
Views
Don’t know if this is the right part but...
Replies
Views
Stick with heat only. You most probably still...
Replies
Views
Thanks, yes I will ask him when he comes in a...
Replies
Views
Back