Flushing toilet in morning - reoccurring problem | Boilers | Plumbers Forums

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Flushing toilet in morning - reoccurring problem in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
Y

youandiare

Hi there

I have this reoccurring problem with our toilet

My wife gets up first and has a shower and uses the toilet and then go to bathroom and then do the same. However every time I use the toilet and flush it starts to trickle and flow with water and it takes quite a few strategic flushes (4 or 5) before it stops. I don't flush the toilet in any different way and we don't have this issue in the evenings after work.

Any idea on why this happens on the second flush? How can we fix this? It's a continual stress each morning worrying if the flush will stop flowing before I have to head off to work! Any advice or insight would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks
Marky B

Is it push button it sounds like, just unscrew the push button a little on the cistern lid

your toilet flush will be a more complex version of this one
49303.jpg
the black rubber at the base is the flap which lets the water out or stops the toilet emptying.
when this gets slime on it then it makes the seal less effective. this causes lift in the water and allows it to empty when not required!.
another cause is rubber blisters preventing a tight seal.
twist the flusher a quarter a turn and inspect it.
also try it with the lid of for a day or two to check the actuater rod as previously said.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

You have a partial blockage downstream of the...
Replies
Views
You have a blockage somewhere. Time to call...
Replies
Views
Hello! I was checking something in the toilet...
Replies
Views
The latest Geberit flush valves have an...
Replies
Views
B
If by 'slow flushing' you mean, when you...
Replies
Views
Back