flux corrosion inside.of pipe | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss flux corrosion inside.of pipe in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
If working on a new build estate and first fixing in copper, if the houses hot and cold water and heating system is fillled for around a year could this cause problems with corrosion from any flux internally on the pipe?

pipework should be flushed and fully drained down when first fixed so no problems should arise when filled and used after 1 year.

This doesnt happen, just flushed when filled cold flush the warm flushed with cleaner and final warm flush

boiler warranty gone before you even start then

If the pipe work isn't flushed and left for a year then yes it could suffer from flux corrosion in that time

How would you flush before filling the system?

I'd use hoses connected to an outside tap and to the system and another section of hose back out to a drain if there was not an easy way to dump the water. Then drain off completely using the drain off cocks and finally a wet vac to get the last of it out.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Never did try to scare the OP Ric! But I...
Replies
Views
  • Question
No
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct. I did mean the outside of the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes it would have been better to take the feed...
Replies
Views
I always put a new rubber in if I drain down...
Replies
Views
Back