Foam case seal for old boiler | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Foam case seal for old boiler in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Scott_D

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I had to AR an Ideal WLX are the foam case seal has crumbled away.
The part is now obsolete and the lady says she can’t afford a new boiler (not my problem I know but I would like to help if possible)

After a bit of googling reign make a foam seal that’s heat resistant to 120 degrees.
Would you?
BB2BE726-5A3C-473A-B925-BAA06E1CE177.jpeg

4ACD6481-E907-41BC-A646-B1F0ACAB0C14.jpeg

B2796BF2-A50D-48E5-A1EA-09F31E5C8FFD.jpeg

Yes aslong as it’s fit for use and approx the same size etc

After a bit of googling reign make a foam seal that’s heat resistant to 120 degrees.
Would you?
Yes I would so long as it suits the purpose and temp (if there is any temp to worry about).
A lot of older boilers had nothing more then draught excluder stuck around them as a (reasonably) air tight seal. We used to buy it in bulk rolls a long time ago. This is where Engineers discretion comes into play. I wouldn't condemn someones boiler over that to be honest. Good luck.

Similar plumbing topics

Thanks for both replies - so the search is on...
Replies
Views
I have a 4 years old Ideal boiler not a combi...
Replies
Views
I am looking for a case for a worchester 240...
Replies
Views
If that’s the case, no wonder the landlord is...
Replies
Views
Sharp Point
S
B
Visual Risk Assessment
Replies
Views
Burger
B
Back