Foam leak from underneath shower tray | Showers and Wetrooms Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Foam leak from underneath shower tray in the Showers and Wetrooms Advice area at Plumbers Forums

New shower tray and waste recently installed and thankfully have a cut out in ceiling below from when I was checking it's initial seal, when I spotted yday foam (from shampoo/shower gel) escaping from underneath the shower tray, out the sides of the waste.

I never really liked the initial seal as was just a loose rubber ring on the trap that you screw tight from the tray side to make a seal.

Now after 2-3 weeks of my wife and I using it with no leak, it's worth adding that this only happened when my 18yr old son came to visit and like most teenagers likes to go through their entire thoughts in the shower, ignorant to the current energy crisis. And also no water was leaking, just foam being pushed out where he likes to go through a litre of shower gel per shower 😂

That all said, aside from him changing his ways, what is the best way to improve the seal, can I add silicone to the top of the rubber ring so that when I screw it to the trap it compress and adds additional layer of seal?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Not designed for the trap upto you in the end...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi all, I have a couple of leaks coming under...
Replies
Views
  • Question
That’s why we do such things when the customer...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I'd use thermopanel tile backer insulation...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Install timbers instead of the crap legs
Replies
Views
Back