fortic cylinder drain down | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss fortic cylinder drain down in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

wiggers

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Hi all, Im looking for any advice on draining down a fortic.
Nearly 99.9% of cylinder drain down Taps are unavailible as they have been sweated on with seals in
so ive been turning on hot tap draining down to hot outlet level on cylinder and putting hose in with small section of copper to weight hose down
Then siphoning out, but this method is still leaving water in so i cannot take out immersion until fully drained.
Has anyone got any tips i could use as im getting about two of these jobs a week.
Cheers

how much of the cylinder is drained down? how many towels have you got?

Is there 2 Immersions on the cyl? If so you can take the top one out and put a piece of copper pipe on the end of your hose, it will hit the bottom then, I normally just pull the stuck washer out of the drain off and quickly stick the hose on, replace washer when drained

Last edited:
No just on immersion, at btm of cylinder using the garden hose still leaves about 8in in cylinder

Where would i connect and cut into? simon

it would be easy for a standard hwsc with 22mm cold feed that didn't have a drain of to quickly connect a self cutting tap low down.
posed really as a question would it be possible? could the insulation be moved, is the pipe 22mm, is there any space for a self cutting tap? I am interested in the answers myself.

i have No pipe to connect to, i have had a few answers from the locals in suppliers i will share with you but i have never tried.
The first is undoing drain till it comes of then insert a thin screwdriver ready to connect hose when the seal is ruptured.have a big bucket ready
The second is sliding the hose down the cold feed to the btm of the cylinder garden hose is about 13mm feed is 22mm
will this work?

get some u gauge pipe from car place or windscreen washer bottle pipe make small hole high up to fit pipe in the syphon it down with that with it being a small hole have a bolt the same size just incase to put in the hole if you need to reaseal worked for me a few times have a couple of towels aswel

Last edited by a moderator:
use 1m of soft copper feed down to bottom of cylinder attach hose out side cylinder this will stop it kinking and makes it possible to drain cylinder

Hi there this is Halim, u got the 22mm pipe coming from the cold water tank feeding the cylinder cut that pipe at the the hight of the cylinder stick a push fit tap there, then undo that pipe nut at the bottom of the cylinder just enough to lean that pipe put some kitchen tissue under then tight that nut and drain ur cylinder using the tap. call me in morning if u need more help? thanks 07776286495 ive done it few times

Isnt a Fortic a combinbation cylinder. The I cant see how you do most of the above suggestions except what Resolute says.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

can you lose up immersion and use wet vac...
Replies
Views
Yes i already knew that but thanks for the...
Replies
Views
J
  • Question
I cannot see the photo's but from your...
Replies
Views
Hello. I hope someone here has the expertise...
Replies
Views
Back