Franchise/Expanding Idea | Central Heating Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

• Thread starter JoeHargreaves
  • Start date
  • Replies 8
  • Views 2K

Discuss Franchise/Expanding Idea in the Central Heating Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
J

JoeHargreaves

Basically here is the situation, I have had my completed my ACS assessment in 2007 i can work on boilers, water heaters, cooker and fires.

The company i worked for during my training had financial difficulties and i was let go, So i gave the princes trust a ring and after a few months i had my own corgi and my own business (Jan 2008) until in Nov 2008 i hit the wall and could not afford to continue so now im working nights in a warehouse to pay the bills. (corgi then lapsed)

I want to get back into the gas game and have been applying for jobs however have not heard anything back as of yet.

So i was thinking about registering with Gas Safe and working weekends and so on however i can not really justify over £400 to re sign up.

After chatting with a few people i had an idea that would enable me to work weekends and the odd afternoon in the week....

Find a gas business that is/wanting to expanding get my Gas Safe through them (obviously i would cover costs) add me to there insurance (@ my cost again) and begin growing there business in my area, while they get a flat fee for every job completed.

Im happy as i would have a foot back in the industry i want to be in
There happy they have a extra income stream with no outlay

Would this work or am i just dreaming.
Any feedback would be appreciated

a potentially interested party might want to know what area you are in
regards
mike

a potentially interested party might want to know what area you are in
regards
mike

Thanks for your reply, Im based in a small village near a place called ashby de la zouch (north leicestershire). Basically its a handy location as im only roughly 20/30 minutes away from the following cities.. Birmingham, Derby, Leicester, Coventry, Nottingham.

What's the difference in what your propose, and working for yourself, putting yourself through the gas safe and getting your own insurance and customers? Or do you need an established firm to send you the work sort of thing?

hi there,
pm me as your village (think i no which one?) i know someone near you who is s.emp and contracts for warmfront, works weekends too.

What's the difference in what your propose, and working for yourself, putting yourself through the gas safe and getting your own insurance and customers? Or do you need an established firm to send you the work sort of thing?

The idea was with me going on their gas safe it means i would only have to pay around £50 where as if i went it alone that cost goes to £400

which is alot of money when i aint got it :)

The idea was with me going on their gas safe it means i would only have to pay around £50 where as if i went it alone that cost goes to £400

which is alot of money when i aint got it :)

my personal opinion is you are dreaming, basically you want to earn money from gas on the back of another companies registration, ok you will pay the fee to join them (£63) and pay something towards PI (prob in reality nothing as the cover will be 0-5, 5-10 employees etc), so you want to pay them commission ( a set fee) from each job for them taking all the risk of you stuffing up their reg by having an incident, (harsh, but with your lack of experience likely) i dont think you could afford enough money to potentially ruin my good reputation, its just not worth it.how much would you pay a firm to use their reg no: it is tight enough to earn money and you are going to add a fee to your cost, if you are keen to get back into gas, bite the bullet and stick the £400 fee on your credit card and earn your own money, the £400 would be tax deductable with all your other costs, fuel etc so it would get you a far quicker return,

Thanks for your reply kirk,

To be honest im looking for a permanent job with a plumbing and heating company now as some circustances at home have changed.

Would love if anyone knows of any vacancies?

Thanks,
Joe

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Id say recal at that price....as soon as it...
Replies
Views
Hi There Did you manage to get some work...
Replies
Views
Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
Be really careful with online companies...
Replies
Views
1/4 turn black knob on both. open bleed screw...
Replies
Views
Back