Franke Eiger mixer tap | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Franke Eiger mixer tap in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Paulus

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
I have a customer who has had this tap for 2 years with no problem. Now the hot water flow is little more than a trickle and the handle drops down very loosely. Can anyone help?

Thanks Plumbstar Tom. I thought that was the problem even though I have had the cartridge out and inspected it. Good to have confirmation.

Well the trickle could be a blocked somewhere on the feed to the tap but if the handle drops like you say it really does sound like the valve.

Have you still got the valve out? It should be simple to see a fault. Can you manually open it and put it back in and check the hot water flow?

Customer couldn't find receipt so I got a new valve from Central Services, it hasn't cured the problem. Disconnected all pipework to tap tail and checked flow which is ok. It seems to be a problem within the tap body prior to the valve. Assume a new tap is the only answer. Any other ideas would be appreciated as the guy has just lost his job and could do without forking out for a new tap.

Hi Nick

I'm afraid it's four years since I worked on this tap but there can really be only two possibilities to get to the cartridge. Either the handle screws out and then the collar screws off to reveal the valve or there is a grub screw at the back of the handle which will release it. If it is a grub screw you should be able to see this when the tap is in the on position.

I hope this helps.

If you are still having problems give Central Services a ring, they can usually advise and recommend the correct replacement cartridges. You will find their number on the net.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Have you got a photo of the sink at the...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thankyou, I have already installed a hot and...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I’ve got exactly same problem. I have to put...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Take flow readings where ever you can. Just...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I don't see your comments?
Replies
Views
Back