free boiler? | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss free boiler? in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

michael c

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
hi guys just had someone tell me they have had a random call offering a free boiler install. I was under the impression the green deal only covered g rated boilers but they have had a guy out to survey who says they should be entitled as their heat ex needs changing.They have a 9 year old valiant. They are worried its a scam but no paperwork has been left and they cant remember the company.

I was also sent an email about a new energy company starting up who will be giving away free boilers which produce £240 worth of electric to be put back into the grid. The catch you have to sign a 5 year contract to use them as your supplier, but they garauntee to be cheaper than the big 5. How can we compete?

Green deal covers all non condensing boilers I think.

Green deal covers all non condensing boilers I think.
I thought it was a full grant for g rated and you could get a partial grant towards it for d,e,f rated. Going to have to look it up

dont start me off lol free boilers go to the wrong people

i know mate joke isnt it if they are entitled (they own a 3 bed semi worth about 200k) then pretty much everyone in my area is entitled.

Tell your customer it's added to her gas and electric bill for upto 15yrs. So the savings from doing the deal will pay for the cost but she'll have to pay it for upto 25yr but on boilers its usually 15. I would love to see the APR on it.

As for the person saying it's free should be reported to trading standards as she pays for in the electric bill.

Tell your customer it's added to her gas and electric bill for upto 15yrs. So the savings from doing the deal will pay for the cost but she'll have to pay it for upto 25yr but on boilers its usually 15. I would love to see the APR on it.

As for the person saying it's free should be reported to trading standards as she pays for in the electric bill.

Not sure if it was the green deal its just its all i can think of other than this new energy supplier.

We have had the same here in this area turning up at the door saying it's free on green deal. right in front of me to my client. I lost my temper and told them the fact, they should not believe what their bosses have told them.

Had a customer of mine call today about a free boiler he'd been offered by some energy efficiency company, summit to do with the local council. He's a landlord who i do a bit of work for and wondered if i could do the job. I pointed out i liked him but not enough to supply and fit a new boiler for free.
:30:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi appreciate and thanks to all that replied...
Replies
Views
No they just do the address, thank goodness...
Replies
Views
There must be 'Terms & Conditions' available...
Replies
Views
Good job buddy. Rather than a beer, if you’re...
Replies
Views
J
A gas engineer with respect and quality will...
Replies
Views
Mark Butler
M
Back