Free Boilers. | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Free Boilers. in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

SimonG

Esteemed
Plumber
Subscribed
Went to an existing customer last night. Wants some new bath taps. No problem and I can do the boiler service at the same time. Oh no need. I have a new one. A company phoned one day, sent somebody out next day and changed it two days later. They took out a 6 year old Worcester condenser and swapped it for exactly the same boiler. Didn't even change the flue despite it showing signs of the outer flue rotting.

Why??????

All manner of grants at the moment mate - all they have to do is lie about the existing boiler on the survey, claim it's old and less efficient and get government funding. Who' actually going to cross-check what boilers have been taken out?

And that's our taxes paying for it, I hasten to add!

how much do you want to bet either the boiler is going to get fitted somewhere else or on ebay :D pure profit

I lost out on a boiler few months ago and couldn't work out how they had a free one. Mates old man phones me for new boiler , quote him one never heard a jot . Bumped into him few weeks later and he said he got a free one on a grant.
Couldn't work out how as he's minted !!!

I lost out on a boiler few months ago and couldn't work out how they had a free one. Mates old man phones me for new boiler , quote him one never heard a jot . Bumped into him few weeks later and he said he got a free one on a grant.
Couldn't work out how as he's minted !!!

does he get any grants (anything) ?

Have no idea and can't see how as he's not shy of money , just said he saw something online applied bloke turned up done a survey and then boiler fitted .

I can't work these schemes out

It's all gonna go boobs north like the RHI in Ireland

Attendance Allowance opens doors for boiler grant: £2300, independent of other income.

Have no idea and can't see how as he's not shy of money , just said he saw something online applied bloke turned up done a survey and then boiler fitted .

I can't work these schemes out

seems schemes could be the common denominator here...regards Turnpin:wink:

Over here there is up to £1000 grant towards a new boiler if old boiler is over 15 years.
It is earnings related, but not savings

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

When replacing an old Certikin 180 oil pool...
Replies
Views
D
As above The Grant instructions tell you to...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
I feel for you, it's a bad position to be in...
Replies
Views
Under the Energy Price Cap rates from 1...
Replies
Views
Back