from bbu to a combi | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss from bbu to a combi in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.
whats the easiest way to do this,i can't find were central heating system is t'd in, it's old, no boiler interlock gravity primaries,indirect cylinder.am i to rip the house to bits.

No you dont need to rip the house to bits i assume the DHW is in an airing cupboard and you will rip it out, with the DHW gone this will have no warmth in it so put a radiator in there and it can still be used as an airing cupboard and you no longer have to worry about tracing the pipework.

you would normaly find them tee'd into the primarys inside the boxing running up the side of the chimney breast where you will also find the pump.
if not then the bbu will have another two tappings feeding the heating, again the pump maybe inside the boxing, if not then you can bet on the pump being positioned under the floor boards close to the bbu.
if you pull back the carpet you will probably find a trap

whats the easiest way to do this,i can't find were central heating system is t'd in, it's old, no boiler interlock gravity primaries,indirect cylinder.am i to rip the house to bits.
easiest way is to put the combi where the cylinder was then run the heating where the primaries were ive even seen the inch cut top and bottom with 22 pushed through it
remember most bbus are on system at least 15 years old many over 30 so flush flush flush and new valves

Last edited:
you would normaly find them tee'd into the primarys inside the boxing running up the side of the chimney breast where you will also find the pump.
if not then the bbu will have another two tappings feeding the heating, again the pump maybe inside the boxing, if not then you can bet on the pump being positioned under the floor boards close to the bbu.
if you pull back the carpet you will probably find a trap

yes pump bi side of chimney breast, but in 15mm,if i put combi i airing cuboard were cylinder was whats the eaiest way to do the heating side ,still not sure if the heating is off primarys or bbu tappings

if your putting the boiler in the a/c the easiest way would be to connect the new boiler heating pipework onto the primarys and then connecting the primarys onto the heating circuit above the bbu (being the floor above)
not the best option if your going to fit a combi as you will be applying a lot more pressure through old 28mm pipework

This post is mystifying me. I mean Desrob have you never done this before? I can't believe that you are taking on the job if you haven't done this kind of work before. BBU change outs are straight forward although they can be time consuming. It is the same as any other change out where an open flue with gravity pipework is concerned.

I assume you are at the survey stage and haven'tr actually started making an pigs ear of the job yet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
What the easiest way to find why my boiler is...
Replies
Views
Hi All This is following on from thread I...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the reply, I followed your advice...
Replies
Views
Thanks for the information mate, ill look into...
Replies
Views
Back