From S.W London. Done Level 2 & 3 C&G 6128 Plumbing but want to get full NVQ any help | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss From S.W London. Done Level 2 & 3 C&G 6128 Plumbing but want to get full NVQ any help in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

D

Davidade

Hi my name is David. I'm 29 years old. I live in South West London. I spent 2 years doing my City & Guilds Level 2 & 3 of the 6128 Plumbing and Heating course. I then went on to work for a small company domestically as an apprentice for 3 years which was good, really enjoyed and I learned a lot. Now I want to work on a building site but I'm finding it difficult to get on without the full NVQ so I would like to work for a firm on site as a plumbers mate and work towards the full NVQ as I think I mainly need the practical assessment part signed off on site. I think Able Skills come out to sites and do the assessment and help you put your portfolio together to get a Complete NVQ if you have former theory certificates. I currently have a White JIB card listed as Unvented System Installer. So hoping to get a Blue card. If there is anyone that can help me it would be much appreciated. Or if anyone knows of a good plumbing company that hires for sites where they have room for people to learn and expand on their skills. I'm willing to travel in or around London. I'm reliable and hardworking . Thank you.

Re: From S.W London. Done Level 2 & 3 C&G 6128 Plumbing but want to get full NVQ any

Sorry I can't help you, but why didn't you do your NVQ when you worked for an apprentce for 3 years?

Re: From S.W London. Done Level 2 & 3 C&G 6128 Plumbing but want to get full NVQ any

Sorry I can't help you, but why didn't you do your NVQ when you worked for an apprentce for 3 years?

It's was just domestic work we ever did. So we never went on sites. Also I thought the course I done would have got me on a site no problem. Only when I tried to get on site a lot of people wanted a full NVQ. My college never made me aware of this. So just going to work towards it now and get it out the way.

Similar plumbing topics

You need to ask the college where you are...
Replies
Views
If you are looking for a full time course at...
Replies
Views
Hi PythonCrazy, I'm interested to know if you...
Replies
Views
I am selling my 3-year City& Guilds Accredited...
Replies
Views
Depends what you want to end up doing. Do you...
Replies
Views
Back