Full bore or Lever valve? | UK Plumbers Forums | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Full bore or Lever valve? in the UK Plumbers Forums area at Plumbers Forums

I am thinking of making some improvements. I want to replace the existing isolating / stop valves which I think are just standard ones to full bore valves. However for ease of use I would like to have valves with a lever but I can't seem to find a full bore lever valve.

On screwfix I see the following.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/full-bore-isolating-valve-15mm/46860

But the following it says its a ball valve.

https://www.NoLinkingToThis/p/lever-ball-valve-red-15mm/67744

Which is better for isolating the supply - will be in bathroom.

Full bore but on cylinders eg feeds levers as in an emergency they don’t require tools

Did you read it properly/fully?

Attachments

• AC6B57D4-C910-448E-BB9D-BDE9DEF8A99C.jpeg
    AC6B57D4-C910-448E-BB9D-BDE9DEF8A99C.jpeg
    188.4 KB · Views: 34
Butterfly handle iso ball valves will do if you want easier use and you can't use a slotted iso ball valve as you listed.

ball-valve-15mm-compression-blue-butterfly-handle-23364-2_min_23364_P_1.jpg

Sorry but my explanation was a bit poor. The existing stop valves I want to replace are the ones connected to the sink and bath.

So copper pipes currently terminates in a isolating valve that requires a screw to operate. So an isolating valve that is full bore, has a lever and can connect to the sink and bath flexible tails.

Butterfly handle iso ball valves will do if you want easier use and you can't use a slotted iso ball valve as you listed.

That looks perfect. Can a sink / bath tail be connected to that?

The reason I am looking for a flat face isolating connector is from this video. 1m 10s in but then he says not that he has had leaks from a standard fitting - so not sure.

Last edited:

Do these come with a compression fitting on one end and a flat connector on the other end to attach basin taps, toilet inlet valves.

I thought I could connect these to flexi tails.
Or do I need another connector?

Last edited:

But it doesn't say they are full bore.

Am I correct in thinking that isolation valves should be somehwere on the pipe and that service valves are on the end of the pipe where the flexi tails are?

Any valve is in essence a service valve.

I always use full bore lever valves, there is rarely a situation where it can’t fit. If needed, cut down the handle or put it in the vise and bend it.

If you’re gonna attach a rubber flexi to it, I always give the compression end a slight file to flatten it.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I’ve got exactly same problem. I have to put...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
A
  • Question
Thanks to you all for your thoughts, much...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Normally the split on the outlet where the hex...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Pegler-type ball valve is a great option...
Replies
Views
Back