full install quotation help | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss full install quotation help in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

bassmonster

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Hi all,
i've never been asked to do a full house install before so not too sure what the going rate is on labour.

so, taking out all the old rads boiler and pipework.

all pipes are to be chased into the walls as customer doesn't want any pipework coming out of the floor boards.

the good thing is that it's an empty house with the ceiling off so piping upstairs isn't going to need much lifting of floorboards.

it's a 3 bed house with 8 rads.

combi boiler is going in.

how long should it take for 2 people to complete the install on average?

any advice would be much appreciated.

whats you using upto rads 15 or 10? plastic or copper?

and chasing upstairs in?

I would allow 5-6 days on my own if the pipes were surface mounted, so allow a couple more to hide them and another morning/day to fill with plaster if that is your job as well. Some of course will do the lot in 2 days!!

I would allow 5-6 days on my own if the pipes were surface mounted, so allow a couple more to hide them and another morning/day to fill with plaster if that is your job as well. Some of course will do the lot in 2 days!!

+1 was thinking about a week in copper and 4-5 in plastic

22mm copper and 15mm to the rads.

chasing upstairs and downstairs but only where the rads are being fitted.

22mm copper and 15mm to the rads.

chasing upstairs and downstairs but only where the rads are being fitted.

add a day extra than 10mm

You're going to chase the walls upstairs?

Anyway, had the same request years ago (empty house) and did it in 3 days on my own - £150 a day. Like I say, years ago.

Edit #1: Oh, and the boiler was in the loft with a vertical flue extension.
Edit#2: Come to think of it, I did the whole lot including gas hob, washing machine etc after having to file down the incoming imperial main to get a 15mm endfeed on. It was for a relative who wanted everything perfect and for a good price. Never done a family job since, except for basic stuff.

Last edited:
2 days? 1 person?

there is no way i can work that fast....with plastic, maybe.....copper.....no chance.

well if you want things falling off, rads at different heights and leaks and btw thats without any of this gas safe malarkey

You're going to chase the walls upstairs?

Anyway, had the same request years ago (empty house) and did it in 3 days on my own - £150 a day. Like I say, years ago.

Edit #1: Oh, and the boiler was in the loft with a vertical flue extension.
Edit#2: Come to think of it, I did the whole lot including gas hob, washing machine etc after having to file down the incoming imperial main to get a 15mm endfeed on. It was for a relative who wanted everything perfect and for a good price. Never done a family job since, except for basic stuff.

wow..that is some speed mate....

i did my inlaws in 3 days,full heating system and a new boiler,was working for nothing so it basically got thrown in

Try to find out local prices for the same sort of job and price according.
Giving a complete estimate may take a bit of pressure off trying to price on day rate and like Lame plumber says you might need extra time for cock ups, especially if its your first big install.

The starting bit is easy - removal of existing system.

The end bit is easy - fitting off of boiler and panels.

The middle bit is 'iffy' depending on what is involved.

So as a 'Guesstimate'

Removal of existing system - 8 hours
Installation of new piping - 32 hours
Fit-off of system - 16 hours.

That how I see it from your description.
As for what you want to charge per hour - it's up to you

Hope this helps

I got one to do in January but mine is a maisonette with no previous heating. I just have to remove a chaff water heater. 2 rads downstairs, 3 upstairs. Glow worm flexicom and wireless stat. I quoted £3600 with me and a mate if that helps. Also all surface mounted pipes on downstairs drop and through floorboards upstairs.

theres so many variables if the place is empty floor and boards its easier than occupied and chipboard
chasing walls is going to add a lot of time and mess to that

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Size of bathroom 230cm x 210cm Height 230cm...
Replies
Views
Hi, I recently fitted a new central heating...
Replies
Views
T
  • Question
Sounds OK so long as the heating system is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Shaun, I need to investigate. I visited...
Replies
Views
Replies
Views
Back