funny tasting / coloured water problem! | Bathroom Advice | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss funny tasting / coloured water problem! in the Bathroom Advice area at Plumbers Forums

CXR100

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
went to a house today to a compliant "water is cloudish and tastes funny , but only when we use the hot tap, the cold is fine , when we run the bath the water stinks and is always off coloured, father in law reckons its the smell of flux but we havent had any plumbing work undertaken in the house recently" i thought to start off with that it could be heating water contaminating the hot water through heat exchanger (maby a pinhole type thing) of the worcester combi (gas) . now i am not gs registered, so shoud i pass it on to another plumber or can any of you think what else it could be?? but wouldent the cold water pressure push into the heating side and blow out of the prv?? this wasnt happening and the heating pressure on the boiler was 1barthis brings me to another point, i have done gas in collage, but work wont register me under their gs , is it legal for me to top up boiler pressure or drain thru the prv if i can open it without taking boiler cover off????? sorry for the long post folks!!!!! :)

haha i was thinking excacly the same!!! they are afraids the kids will "drink" it in the bath!! no its defo not bubbles, this suerly would be the same in the cold taps and the houses net door would it?? this sometimes happens in our house after water board have been working on the main! yes its a combi!

haha i was thinking excacly the same!!! they are afraids the kids will "drink" it in the bath!! no its defo not bubbles, this suerly would be the same in the cold taps and the houses net door would it?? this sometimes happens in our house after water board have been working on the main! yes its a combi!
if you run a cup of th water into a pint glass and leave it settle for a few minutes and it runs clear its just the water passing through the boiler making it like that.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
back feeding from your central heating?
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hi, We recently had the pressure tank replaced...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Hello John yes, that’s right pressure...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thanks Chuck. The cylinder was supplied by BG...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Yes it was the non return valve on the bottom...
Replies
Views
Back