Fuse Replaced On Combi, Now 3 Rads Not Working | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Fuse Replaced On Combi, Now 3 Rads Not Working in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

Sorry if details are a bit sketchy, as I'm posting about my Mum's combi boiler and I'm waiting for her to decide what make/model boiler she's got. The display on the boiler stopped working, and an engineer changed a fuse which restored things. However, following this 3 rads aren't working.

I realise it's not much to go on, but is it possible that the two things are linked? What should I be looking for when I visit, if the 3 rads are cold?

If it's not connected to the fuse, why would 3 rads suddenly stop working, when no rad valves have been touched?

Many thanks.

I'm sure you know as well as I that the two things being linked are an impossibility. The rads either didn't work before, or something other than just a fuse change occurred.

I've had this before. Serviced boilers and the customer rings me up later and says a radiator or 3 isn't working anymore. Go back round and TRV pins are stuck (aka they were not working before and had nothing to do with anything). Doesn't stop customer swearing blind that they worked before I got there.

Thanks for your reply. I think it maybe my mother who is jumping to conclusions, but she's 50 miles away so I wanted to get some info before I go at the weekend.

I had wondered if there was a possibility that a failing/sticking pump may have caused her initial fuse problem, and the pump was now working, but not efficiently enough to run all the rads.

But I'm clutching at straws.

Similar plumbing topics

Replies
Views
update on this, attached the Kinetico HE water...
Replies
Views
Looks like a faulty or incorrect set Automatic...
Replies
Views
W
Hi cjg, thanks for the reply. It was serviced...
Replies
Views
Williams25
W
Back