G10 Meter | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss G10 Meter in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kewat66

Gas Engineer
Connecting onto a G10 meter with 22mm replacing a combi boiler with a water heater in 15mm. I don't have commercial but the installation size is within domestic limits. Can I install this? Do I test the meter as normal (the regulator has 2 test points?)

Meter volume 0.01m3 + installation pipe volume. UP/1/B test should suffice.

G10 meter volume 0.025m3 ??? + pipework +fittings
test from miv

A G10 is a U16 it should tell you the Qmax (16m²) on the front of it

Hi tamz.
Dont think that points in question.
I was rhetorically stating IV of g10 as reg mans .01 volume incorrect (according to viper)

Last edited by a moderator:
The IV of a G10 (U16 - as Tamz says, they're the same thing) is 0.025m3 (as Phill says) which leaves the op 0.01m3 to play with.....

Last edited by a moderator:
I used to wonder why they called a U16 a G10 or a U25 a G16, U40 - G25, U65 a G40 or even a U6 a G4 etc always stepping down a size from what we were used to.
I asked a guy years ago and the G is related to the Q min eg G10 = 0.1m³ G16 = 0.16m³, G25 =0.25m³ etc.
So now you know.
Btw R5 isn't a meter size on imperials. It can be on any size meter and R5 only means it is pulse enabled. The meter size is on it in cubic feet
Full of usless information ain't i :smile:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

A bit late but what were the test results, did...
Replies
Views
Absolute cock & bull from SGN, think about...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Sounds to me that the 15mm pipe that you are...
Replies
Views
Essaboy
E
I would say it’s not Siemens, although...
Replies
Views
Deleted member 120897
D
P
It's in the WB installation instructions under...
Replies
Views
Back