G3 unvented | Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss G3 unvented in the Plumbing Jobs | The Job-board area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chalked

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
I'm sitting my renewal for gas safe this week. Just found out my unvented had ran out in 2014 (sept)
when I took it, they said it was for life. It was still on my gas safe card which ran out November 2015.
when did that change. ??

what could have changed that much on unvented in that time?

just a money earner.

money for old rope

I'm sitting my renewal for gas safe this week. Just found out my unvented had ran out in 2014 (sept)
when I took it, they said it was for life. It was still on my gas safe card which ran out November 2015.
when did that change. ??

what could have changed that much on unvented in that time?

just a money earner.

500mm became 600 that's about it

I did my G3 back in about 1986 and then it was for life.
Got a letter a few years ago saying that they were changing the system and that if I wanted to continue with unvented I would have to take the course again. By this time I had stopped general plumbing and moved onto easier things (showers!) so didn’t bother to take the exams again.
It is not that dissimilar to what happened with gas, when I started work you could just work on it without any qualifications and then along came CORGI.
In reality it is a good thing and watch out for more of the same in the future. Think about working on electrics, electricians have to be qualified but what about ‘shower engineers’. We can all work on electric showers without any qualifications, it is an absurd situation but no different to working on washing machines or electric cookers.

I did my G3 back in about 1986 and then it was for life.
Got a letter a few years ago saying that they were changing the system and that if I wanted to continue with unvented I would have to take the course again. By this time I had stopped general plumbing and moved onto easier things (showers!) so didn’t bother to take the exams again.
It is not that dissimilar to what happened with gas, when I started work you could just work on it without any qualifications and then along came CORGI.
In reality it is a good thing and watch out for more of the same in the future. Think about working on electrics, electricians have to be qualified but what about ‘shower engineers’. We can all work on electric showers without any qualifications, it is an absurd situation but no different to working on washing machines or electric cookers.
What's a Shower engineer? That's a new one on me

What's a Shower engineer? That's a new one on me
That’s why I said 'shower engineer', in reality there is no such thing.
The definition of what is an engineer is simple but then you have the loose use of it as well. 'Gas engineer' or 'heating engineer' for instance are in very common use.
For me the term 'shower engineer' started about 25 years ago when I started working directly for manufacturers. All the companies I work for refer to us as 'service engineers'. When I ring people to arrange appointments everyone understands 'shower engineer' otherwise I might say it is 'the plumber' or 'the electrician' or 'the shower repair man' but 'shower engineer' is easily understood so that is why I use it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Please let us know what it turned out to be!
Replies
Views
Thank you for your comment! If you don't mind...
Replies
Views
Look at a Viessman 222 10 year manufacturers...
Replies
Views
There is 6 pipes under the boiler and one goes...
Replies
Views
Assuming cold water relief valve still...
Replies
Views
Back