Gaining work | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gaining work in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

hammers4spanner

Esteemed
Plumber
Gas Engineer
Subscribed
I advertise on a couple local websites and one of them i use to get a lot of work from , however they have changed the format and now my workload has dropped.
So i wish to stay online advertising however how do you push yourself and webpage up google ranking? I know SEO helps but how do i as a small firm help crack this market?

Speaking personally I use my website more as a means to show my work and what we do I don't really use it as an "advertising for work" tool. When I first started solo I found the best way was to get out there and get your face shown so I went out and visited a number of letting and estate agents and spoke to a few maintenance companies and that sort of thing. Work started coming in and other than the price of a few cards I've never advertised and I get recommended by word of mouth all the time now

thats the same with 90% of customers, I just use local advertising mags and get on the front cover about now, so when they sit around the house and the boiler goes down, my name is the first they see.

Personally most of my work other than recommendations.

1.Comes through my web site.
2. Google business listing with at the moment 35 5star reviews.

The guy who did my web site and i can personally voch him is excellent at design and seo.

Www.guerillageek.co.uk
the google business listing is a good start if you can reviews on it because it is free and evry fecker uses google.

Cost me £1500 for the web site and £1500 for 6 months of seo as you wont get up there over night.

Considering the other forms of marketing i have paid for in the past, i consider it very good value for money.

My son uses seo for getting his advertising out there. However the web is his only means of gaining customers, from all over the UK, costs him around £3k a month, but he is turning over stupid money. But he isnt a plumber either, from my point of view as a small business, word of mouth local ads seem to keep me going, but facebook seems to be a good free means of boosting your presence online as well, however I must get my web pages updated, never seem to have time to do it.

In the middle of Plymouth you have hell of a lot of completion with most of them doing what your planning to do, its very completive in the city, not much better where I am , But I don't do any form of advertising at all ! you have to stand out from all the rest maybe a Naked photo would help . :blush2:

Top man!!! Every single one is 5 star! How do you do it!?

i pride myself on trying to give a 5 star service from the job itself to the customer service side things
been doing a lot of big jobs lately otherwise the ratings would be higher.
also if i think a customer is a dick i don't mention to them about leaving a review lol.
customer service is a very underrated skill and i have had loads of good jobs on the back of them reviews.

i also created a web address that redirects to the reviews so its easy for people find.

Similar plumbing topics

It could be numerous things, including a flow...
Replies
Views
Hey everyone, my name's Loren, I'm 31 and I...
Replies
Views
If you are looking to be the WBR (Work Based...
Replies
Views
Only level 3 available. I understand where...
Replies
Views
done, but let's assume you didn't see that...
Replies
Views
Back