Galvanised pipework | Gaining Plumbing Experience | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Galvanised pipework in the Gaining Plumbing Experience area at Plumbers Forums

1sammyj

Hi i need a bit of advice , i have a job where the pipework is 22mm galvanised pipework . I want to freeze this and add a full bore compression lever valve to the pipework ,Now , am i right in thinking that the galvanised pipework could actually be 3/4 ??? and will i need metric to imperial olives for the lever valve ?? Ive heard rumours thats valves have slipped off galvanised pipework before ? , sammy

you wouldn't be using an olive on 3/4" galvo. It's threaded.

Unless of course you're talking about chromed pipe. In which case you need to file the chrome off where your fitting will be.

I think you need to post a photo of this ' galvanised ' pipe work, I think you could be talking about stainless steel pipe, galv pipe is threaded.
i think more info is required before anyone can help with this.

im sorry for saying this but if you cant tell the difference between LCS and Stainless Stell pipe, should you be fitting the valve?

if its LCS do you have a threading machine? do you know how to thread a pipe etc?

Coupling, short, galvanised equal, for ISO 65 Steel pipe to PE SDR 17,6/S 8,3 - Product Catalog
web560x400.jpg
Or he possible could use one of these ?

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
I would of clipped the pipework but it is...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Thank you ! How about a 15mm to 1/2 coupler as...
Replies
Views
  • Question
I was hoping for a 1/4 turn ball valve type...
Replies
Views
  • Question
Correct. Bleed from bottom up to allow air...
Replies
Views
    • Useful
Thanks all - ordered the part and it fit!
Replies
Views
Back