Gas Appliance tube size | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Appliance tube size in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Good afternoon. I got a new Mapress gas installation in my catering business. All end points are 1/2" the main tubing is 32mm.
Some appliances have 3/4" hoses connected by previous owners /installers, although their inner tubing is 1/2" too - including the 6 burner/ 1 oven range cooker.
Does the use of these 3/4" hoses makes any sense? Or would you fit 1/2" all around?
From my logic I would install 1/2" on all -

We do commercial kitchens though mostly bigger than yours,
Everything should be sized for rating of the appliances your using that includes hoses.
Out of interest what interlock system have you fitted? We use S@S Northern much more reliable by not using air pressure switches.

As above all depends on the kw /m3/h load on each appliance

We do commercial kitchens though mostly bigger than yours,
Everything should be sized for rating of the appliances your using that includes hoses.
Out of interest what interlock system have you fitted? We use S@S Northern much more reliable by not using air pressure switches.
First thank you for your fast response.
We use our own custom build current sensing interlock system with integrated single and 3 phase speed controller, which also integrates our fire alarm system.
The valve opens after reaching a specific airflow in both systems (extraction and ventilation), can be interrupted using an emergency button in the kitchen, but also shuts down the fans in case the fire alarm goes off

Similar plumbing topics

• Question
Many thanks for the reply @Timmy D thats a...
Replies
Views
Also, they could even supply their own tube...
Replies
Views
I have connected the secondary pump to a wifi...
Replies
Views
H
Hi there, thanks for your time to look at this...
Replies
Views
HRP123
H
Honestly, I didnt even think about that. I...
Replies
Views
Back