Gas boiler in living room | Boilers | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas boiler in living room in the Boilers area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

GQuigley67

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Gas Engineer
are you allowed to install a gas boiler in a living room or just not recommended and then put in a purpose build compartment ?? looked at 2 different notes one says its ok one says it isnt

Fit it where you like. It will probably be better to watch than the telly.

thats 2 notes i've found now that says its not allowed against my 1 that says it is, i'm not sure myself lol

no reason you cant, not seen one saying not?.
unless its a semi and you core through to next doors for the flue?.

its a top storey tenament with only 3 rooms and only one external wall which will be facing out to a main road, so have PRV issues aswell what would be the accepted way of terminating the PRV ?? just went and looked at the job today so havent even priced it yet but best place for boiler would be in livingroom and then boxed in to suit

There is no rule or regulation anywhere saying it can't be fitted in the living room hanging next to the standard lamp if you like.
Most people wouldn't have it there and would build something around it to hide it.

Don't worry about the prv. Drill a 25mm hole, cut a bit 15mm at an angle and solder a 22mm blank end on hanging from the 15mm and pass it through the hole from the inside.
By the time it ran down the wall my pee would be hotter.

Last edited by a moderator:
personally i wouldnt want a boiler in my living room but its for a landlord so i dont think hes caring, think i'll phone gas safe on this one see what they have to say

think i'll give it a miss haha, in my gas book it says its allowed but in a snipef document it says "its acceptable to install a gas boiler in any room other than the principal living room"

think i'll give it a miss haha, in my gas book it says its allowed but in a snipef document it says "its acceptable to install a gas boiler in any room other than the principal living room"
Absolutely codswallop!!!

That is because it would look bad on RB's lounge wall!
It is allowed for the peasants who have nowhere else to put it.

think your relating to outdated guide there, think that refers when o/f were modern, coupled with a coal fire.!
a modern combi r/s can go under your bed as long as there is an inch clearance from the bed sheets.lol.

its a guide for installing condesing boilers so i doubt it, the current boiler is a RS floor standing balanced flue one but its in a small cupboard in the living room was just going to mount the boiler on the wall in the corner so it can be boxed in, cant really go anywhere else lol

most bbus were in the living room and ive fitted several in living rooms of small flats often better than in bedroom due to noise

yeah i know that bbu's were in living room and the current RS boiler is in the living room under the window in a cupboard but was just wondering if there was a new legislation out that didnt allow it to have new installs in living room

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

In that case, just get the Mechanical Engineer...
Replies
Views
E
It sounds like that needs to be sealed from...
Replies
Views
Great summary and well done for getting it...
Replies
Views
We've just sorted one of these situations...
Replies
Views
T
What does your building control officer say?
Replies
Views
Back