Gas course - looking for an answer | Plumbing Courses | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas course - looking for an answer in the Plumbing Courses area at Plumbers Forums

rocketmanbkk

Plumbers Arms member
Plumber
Dear friends

Can anyone help me please?

On speaking to my local college where I completed the BSE 2000 evening course I was trying to ascertain what other courses I can do.

I have been told by my old tutor that there is a gas technical cert that they do although there is nothing about it on the website.

I suppose my question is, it this course worth doing? I am waiting to hear what this course is about and what it leads to. I understand that this is underpinning knowledge but have no idea what it leads to. I do not as yet know the C&g course code.

So, any views in this? Is it worth doing or should I just consider the ACS course and then try to find a gas safe person to sort a portfolio with and take assessments?

I just don't want to waste my tone.

Thanks as always.

if you only do a tech course at the end you have knowledge and a paper certificate.
To progress you then need to work with someone to build up a portfolio and then do the acs.
better to get the work placement from the start.

Thanks for your reply.

i totally understand its not going to qualify me to do any gas work but I am trying to find out whether the course is worth doing as opposed to another course.

The work placement is easier said than done. Unless you're offering?

Similar plumbing topics

Hi sir i don't suggest you go out on your own...
Replies
Views
Hi mate i did a fast track MLP course it was...
Replies
Views
O
  • Article
Are at home Level 2 courses actually viable...
Replies
Views
OLG0824
O
Depends what you want to end up doing. Do you...
Replies
Views
6035 is the diploma, 6189 is the NVQ. 9189 is...
Replies
Views
Back