Gas Engineer wanted | Gas Engineers Forum | Plumbers Forums
  • Welcome to PlumbersTalk.net

Welcome to Plumbers' Talk | The new domain for UKPF / Plumbers Forums. Login with your existing details they should all work fine. Please checkout the PT Updates Forum

Welcome to the forum. Although you can post in any forum, the USA forum is here in case of local regs or laws

American Visitor?

Hey friend, we're detecting that you're an American visitor and want to thank you for coming to PlumbersTalk.net - Here is a link to the American Plumbing Forum. Though if you post in any other forum from your computer / phone it'll be marked with a little american flag so that other users can help from your neck of the woods. We hope this helps. And thanks once again.

Discuss Gas Engineer wanted in the Gas Engineers Forum area at Plumbers Forums

Status
Not open for further replies.

topdog

Gas Engineer
I have just finished my 4 Week NICEIC Gas Training coarse at Access Training Wales, Paid for my work placement £1000.00 But still waiting for them to contact me. As i need to do my Work Portfolio then i sit my ACS Exams, I live in Barry, South Glamorgan. Is there any GAS ENGINEERS in this area or Cardiff willing to take me on to do it and I will pay you for your Troubles as
I need to complete this stage ASAP. As I have moved House from N.Wales to Barry to do this Coarse and I have a contract on a rented house for another 4 months and I need to COMPLETE
my Coarse by then.
Many Thanks
Paul Wolfe
Tel: 07779335851

Read more: http://www.ukplumbersforums.co.uk/plumbing-courses/21189-access-training-wales.html#ixzz1y93w6jRu

Hi i have signed up to do the access course in january, are they a good company to use and was the training worth the money? i will also be paying the £1000 for work placement. They assured me this was guaranteed what problems have you encountered and how long have you been waiting for the work placement, please reply asap as i will be paying my deposit the next week and your feedback will be very helpful. My mate is gas safe i will ask him if he can help you with your portfolio.

Hi i have signed up to do the access course in january, are they a good company to use and was the training worth the money? i will also be paying the £1000 for work placement. They assured me this was guaranteed what problems have you encountered and how long have you been waiting for the work placement, please reply asap as i will be paying my deposit the next week and your feedback will be very helpful. My mate is gas safe i will ask him if he can help you with your portfolio.

A grand for a placement??? Why have you had to do this?

Sounds like a complete con! A grand for a placement! How long is it for?

Paul if you have a GSR mate then do the placement with him, at best you will need to buy some cakes but he's getting free labour, no way should you pay for placement if you can work with your mate

Paul if you have a GSR mate then do the placement with him, at best you will need to buy some cakes but he's getting free labour, no way should you pay for placement if you can work with your mate

Sorry to tell you I passed my ACS assessment 8 weeks ago.

Access Training

Hi,

Just noticed that you have completed the Access training course for Gas engineers. Can you please me a little bit about it, what was the course like, how difficult did you find it, was it worth the money etc. I am also interested to know how to got on with the placement.

Thank you

Mark.

You can all come and work with me if you wanna give me a grand each! I get free labour plus payment from the customer and all I have to do is let you do all the work. If I can get one portfolio hunter a week, I'll hit the magic £50k!!

Anyone who wants to pay me £1k to get some signatures, North Devon do pm me, youll only need one signature then a bit of practice and you can sign off youre own portfolio. These companies seem to just pray on peoples dreams and charge a small fortune for doing so.

Anyone who wants to pay me £1k to get some signatures, North Devon do pm me, youll only need one signature then a bit of practice and you can sign off youre own portfolio. These companies seem to just pray on peoples dreams and charge a small fortune for doing so.

I agree that these companies charge a fortune for going round with an engineer that is already being paid by the customer. Unfortunatly they are taking advantage of the fact that VERY FEW engineers would allow someone to go around with them to take some photos and help out.

I fully understand why this is, I would also not trust anyone to help me with plumbing jobs due to insurance and reputation etc, but it only gives the new potential engineers one option.

Markadams your spot on, also when your busy which paul found doing his portfolio its frustrating taking pics because gas engineer want to get onto the next job and times money.
lucky for paul he could help the gas engineer out because paul can do jobs for him not gas related to help him out as well as do his training (sorry i am topdogs wife and love reading all your comments) so thought i would chip in:28:

Markadams your spot on, also when your busy which paul found doing his portfolio its frustrating taking pics because gas engineer want to get onto the next job and times money.
lucky for paul he could help the gas engineer out because paul can do jobs for him not gas related to help him out as well as do his training (sorry i am topdogs wife and love reading all your comments) so thought i would chip in:28:

Good to hear from you Paul Wife, What should I call you (maybe you should not answer that).:teeth_smile:

Was Paul happy with the course at Access training? Did it teach him all he needed to know? Did he do the practical with Access training or with his friend? I was a self employed plumber a few years ago and after moving to Wales from Sussex I decided to do something else, but now regret that decision and wish to go back into it, maybe also do Gas or Oil boiler repairs or servicing. I have met with Access Training and they seemed OK but I am very sceptical about learning enough to be able to do any proper work with just the 4 weeks training. As a plumber I was learning all the time.

Mark.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Similar plumbing topics

Hi everyone I currently work in oil and gas...
Replies
Views
Apparently there is a management learning...
Replies
Views
Hi, I'm looking for a gas engineer who I can...
Replies
Views
One DM in five years? Congratulations on...
Replies
Views
Back